M.I. UGURU is a professor of Plant Breeding and Genetics with the following Academic Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Agriculture Degree (FIRST CLASS HONOURS) in 1984
- Master of Science Degree in 1985
- PGDip in Irrigation Engineering
- PhD Plant Breeding and Genetics 1990.
Other notable achievements include:
- Chairman, Nigerian Universities Research and Development Fair 2010
- National President Nigerian Crop Science Society.
- Chairman, Development of Research Policy for University of Nigeria
- Substantive Head of Department of Crop Science 2010 – 2013.
- Editor-In-Chief Agro-Science Journal
- Developed New Crop Varieties
- Developed new cropping methods for the poor resouce farmers in developing countries.
- Standardized crop farming methods and use of Agro-chemicals in order to reduce hazards of pesticides.
Prof. Uguru has a wide range of experience in tropical agriculture particularly in the area of crop improvement and production.
Courses taught by Prof. Michael Ifeanyi Uguru