About this Course
This course describes the different types of compressors and turbines found in process plants. The course progresses in Units from basic terminology to the principles of operation of reciprocating and centrifugal compressors and steam and gas turbines.
On completion of the course the student will be able to:
- Explain the basic terminology used in describing compressor and turbine operations.
- Explain the functions and classifications of compressors and turbines in process plants, and identify the different types of prime movers used to power compressors.
- Identify suction scrubbers and explain how they work.
- Explain the basic principles of operation of reciprocating compressors including capacity control methods, control of suction pressure, and automatic shutdown systems.
- Explain the basic principles of operation of centrifugal compressors including capacity control 'Methods, surge control, and automatic shutdown systems.
- Explain the basic principles of operation of gas turbines, steam turbines, and turbo‑expanders.
The highly prestigious University of Nigeria Diploma certificate is awarded to you on successful completion of a course or program. The certificate gives you an edge by improving your market value and employability in top level organizations.
Course Prerequisites / Requirements
You must posses a first degree certificate or a post graduate diploma to take this course. Once registered in this course, you will be required to complete activities such as assignments or quiz in order to proceed. The course has been structured in a way to promote ease of understanding. You must be dedicated in this course; you should spend at least an average of 2 hour per day on this course.